The T-fal GC702D OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill, 1800-watt, Silver is an efficient cooking apparatus that can be used for smoking sausages, burgers, poultry, pork, fish and red meat all in a matter of minutes. It has been designed in such a way that it can automatically adjust its grill cycles, based on how tough the meat is. Moreover, with help from the unique cooking-level indicator, users can keep track of the entire cooking process, and even adjust heat levels where necessary so that the final product can be soft and tender.
- It has a defrost control button that can be used to prepare food from frozen to ready status within a few minutes. Including a manual-setting for preparing personal recipes and vegetables.
- It features a powerful 1,800 watt heating console as well as die-cast aluminum coated plates that are resistant to rust. The plates can be removed and cleaned, and later fixed back into position with maximum ease.
- OptiGrill has sensors that automatically adjust cooking time to match the density of the food that’s being prepared, for instance, softer meals such as chicken would take less time to prepare than beef. Moreover, there are six cooking options on the machine that one can use, including Burgers, Poultry, Fish, Sandwiches, Red Meat and Sausages. Just adjust the knob to an appropriate setting and everything would be fine.
- When preparing food the light indicator changes color from yellow to crimson, signifying the meal’s overall level of preparedness. An audible beep also alerts the user once the food is done, so that they can remove it in time before getting burnt.
- There’s a custom user-interface on the handles for increased versatility, as well as angled plates which help in regulating the release of fats found in the meat during cooking.
What’s So Great About The T-fal GC702D?
- It cooks fast and efficient. Frozen turkey burgers can be cooked to perfection in less than 10 min, while a sliced chicken with the bones still intact only takes 30 min to prepare. Most owners agree that T-fal GC702D OptiGrill Stainless Steel Grill makes the juiciest roast chickens.
- It can double-up as an oven for warming frozen foods. If one comes home late from work and wants to enjoy a quick warm snack, they can use this grill to heat the food that’s in the freezer.
- This product comes with a 1 year limited warranty from the manufacturers. In case of any damages the owner can take it back for repairs free off-charge.
What’s Not So Great About The T-fal GC702D?
- The return policy is poor. Despite indicating on their website that unsatisfied customers can file for return, the manufacture sometimes fails to reply to such requests. Leaving one to wait for several weeks before getting a resolute answer.
- The Teflon coating sometimes mixes with food as it’s being prepared on the grill, resulting in a gray artificial sheath that covers the meal when it’s ready. This is not just unsightly but can also pose health hazards to the consumer.
Is This A Great Purchase?
It is a great purchase because it can be used to prepare all types of meals, and not just the traditional red meat which people are used to. This grill also has the special ability to roast food both on the inside and outside, hence ensuring that no part is left raw while the others are being cooked.